Thursday 30 April 2009

Quite a good day :o)

Yesterday was the day for my long awaited and put off hospital appointment. The news was good in some ways and bad in others, the good is that I don’t have to have any physiotherapy …the bad is there’s nothing they can do to help me. My last bout of sciatica was so bad, it’s scarred my sciatic nerve permanently, which in turn has caused the numbness in my foot and leg. The numbness in my toes including the big toe, is what has been making me more unstable when I walk and more likely to trip, which I’d already sussed out. The weakness in my big toe means that I’ve been advised not to walk barefoot any longer as there’s a good chance I will fall, being someone that quite likes being barefoot, that’s a bit of a blow… but you do what you have to do.

On the way back home, we popped into the gallery as planned for me to drop off some stained glass angels. Mike’s first words to me were “Can you see anything missing ?“ I looked round the gallery and didn’t register straight away …my daughter noticed straight away that one of my mosaic guitars had gone !! The half sized one has been sold whooooo,  the guy that bought it was apparently a guitarist, and although he’d shown some initial interest in the guitar after talking to Mike about it for 15 mins he wandered off, so Mike thought his sales patter hadn’t succeeded. Then the guy came back an hour later and said he just had to have my guitar. This guitar was my first 3D mosaic and caused me a lot of problems, but I’m glad I persevered and didn’t let it beat me. My daughters working in the gallery on Saturday, so unless a better offer comes along I’ll probably go down there and spend the day with her, while I’m there I’ll probably make a new display for the angels to show them off better… with Mike’s approval of course.

I had an email this morning from a webring I’m on, stating that Geocities websites are all due to be closed down, possibly as soon as early summer, so anyone that has a Geocities website needs to back up all their stuff on there if they want to save it. I’ve backed up some of my older photo’s on there, not that Ill use them on the new website as the quality is very poor, but it’s nice to see how you’ve progressed over the years.

So all in all yesterday was quite a positive one, I got home and immediately started soldering the rainbow sun catchers together. I will be putting some photo’s on of my latest creations, once I’ve located the camera lead !! In the meantime here’s the guitar that’s just sold, the first photo is it before it was grouted, the second after it was grouted.

b

 

a

No comments: