Saturday 28 March 2009

Scalding hot bath

The second scalding hot bath in two days seems to have eased off the pain in my shoulder, at last. Fingers crossed it stays away too. I only managed to do 2 strings of beads to decorate the boot yesterday, but now hopefully I'll get the rest of it done.

While we were visiting my daughter, we popped over to Acocks Green to visit my son Dan in his warehouse as well. What was once a nice neat place is now a complete shambles as my son has closed the warehouse to the public, and is concentrating on selling on Ebay instead. This son is getting married in August and the wedding invite arrived today, along with a menu to chose from (and a lovely vegetarian choice too )and directions on how to get to the church. One thing that jumped out was the dress code ...Dress to Impress...this is something totally alien to my side of the family !! We're strictly a very casually dressed family, so it will be funny to see everyone dressed up to the nines. I'm sure none of us will be feeling comfortable either.

My daughter has had dreadlocks for the last two years, and then about 2 weeks ago she suddenly decided she'd had enough of them. So she's spent hours and hours and days and days taking all the dreads out, all 53 of them !! I only tried to help her undo one and that was enough for me, after doing about 1/4 of one I gave up. We were amazed at how long her hair was once the dreads were all out, see the photo below. But last nite I chopped off a good 6 inches off the length, so it's more managable now. One side effect was that when she hoovered up all her stray hair, it clogged up the brush on my hoover and I had to spend a good couple of hours taking it all apart today to replace the belt that had burnt out grrrrrr.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: