Tuesday 24 March 2009

Back home again

Well I'm back home again after few days away at my oldest daughters. The trip away started off well, the sun was shinning and we had music blaring as we set off for the Midlands. We were almost at Stoke On Trent when I remembered my mate Ray was moored somewhere around there, a detour to go and see him for cuppa sounded like a good idea. So after a quick text, I found out exactly whereabouts he was, and we pulled in at the next services to check on the sat nav how far away he was. It showed he was 45 mins way, so we decided that as we were a bit short of petrol we'd leave it this time, and carried on with our journey, we were all gutted but it couldn't be helped. When I got to my daughters I went on the net and found exactly where Ray was .... it was then, that I realised that as we carried on towards my daughters we were actually getting closer to him !! Ooooops that'll teach me not to have a normal map book in the car. Sorry Ray next time eh :o)

Saturday was a beautiful sunny day but as my daughter Emma we'd gone to visit, had been struck down with the tummy bug my grand daughter had the previous week, we spent the day sunbathing. Sunday brought a visit from a friend from the past and we spent a few hours catching up with all the travelling she's been doing this last 9 months or so.

On Monday my daughter felt much better, so we set off to drop me off at a biker friend of mines place, as I hadn't heard from him since I moved to this new house. As soon as we pulled into his road, I knew something was wrong as his trike wasn't parked outside his flat where it always was. I went and rang his bell and a woman answered, she told me that he'd passed away about 9 months ago, and that her mom and dad had lived there since. I was absolutely gob smacked he was only 42yrs old, it never occurred to me that this could have happened. Why is it only the good die young, this was a big bear of guy, who if you had any sense you didn't mess with, but with me he was always a funny gentle giant... I'll miss you Buck :o(

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: