Friday 13 March 2009

Making progress

Yesterday, my day started off on my hands and knee's trying to shampoo off the black rubber marks, the washing machine left in my hallway. I'm still not quite sure whether it's done any good as the carpet is still a bit damp at the moment, but fingers and toes crossed !!

At last the block has cleared and I'm making progress with the 2nd boot whoooo lol. I've spent the last two days, carefully doing some machine embroidery, a first for me and a bit harder than I was expecting too. Not one to let inexperience hamper her, I carried on and now the panel has that part of it completed. I also did some hand embroidery with some very sparkly metallic thread that I swapped with my mate Mel, when I was up in Scotland. Then yesterday I spent all day sewing on 6 shisha mirrors. For those that aren't familiar with shisha mirrors they are they small circles of glass that you embroidery to attach on to material. Usually these mirrors are about 1/2" across, but because the boot isn't that big I've had to use 1/4" circles, which makes a fiddly job even fiddlier !! I've done another one this morning and another 2 or 3 should be enough for this panel. I've made the embroidery different colours on each mirror, and at last this section is starting have a splash of colour which pleases me greatly, I'm hoping by the time I've finished it will be a riot of colours. :o)

I've included a couple of photo's of shisha mirrors, not my work as I don't want to reveal any of the boot until it's completed, but just to give you a rough idea of what they are. I've also included a couple of photo's one the first boot in it's new home and also another of some this ladys amazing collection of Dr Marten boots. I've been informed that since this photo was taken, the boot has been given a shelf of it's own awwwwww lol. My boot along with all the rest of the collection, are going to be shown at a collectors fair, how exciting is that !!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: