Thursday 8 January 2009

Getting distracted

Well despite my best intentions I still haven't got much further with mosaicing the boots lol. I seem to going through a phase of getting distracted very easily. I have cut a few more pieces of glass and mirror ready to stick on the boots though. I do have a bit of a quandary though, should I do totally different designs on each boot and sell them seperately, which might make sales easier. Or do I do them identically and sell them as a pair hmmmm .....

Some of the distractions is reading blogs. How addictive are they !! I go to one blog and then start flollowing a list of blogs that person is interested in and before I know it, half a day's gone lol. I have such wide variety interests I'm sure I could spend all day on the blogs. I haven't even dared start looking at the photography ones, apart from my friend Andys one.

Todays photo's are just a small selection of the fused glass pendants I've made. All of them are already sold, but still might be of interest to someone who enjoys fusing.

The first is a pendant with extremely small pieces of dichroic put on in a design to look like patchwork. As the pendant was only about 1.5" long that might give you an idea how small each patchwork piece is.

Photobucket

The next one is a mixture of frit ( small pieces of glass )and dichocic glass.

Photobucket

Last is anothre design similar to the previous one.

Photobucket

6 comments:

the dafthermits (Mel n andy and wee clan) said...

hi Jane

blog land is amazing but like you say it really can suck you in agh well ha ha

beautiful pendants


andy

Blu said...

Just dropped in and thought I would say what beautiful things you make. Best wishes Blu

Cosmic Crafts said...

Hi Blu

Thanks for the message, nice to see you here

Jane

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Jane – your artwork is just amazing. I popped along for a quick visit and ended up staying to read your whole blog. You are very entertaining with a lovely chatty writing style. I am amazed at the depth and breadth of your artistic talent as it is something I am not gifted with. You certainly deserve to be selling this stuff online instead of gallery’s and such like putting a huge mark up on your craft. Good luck with it and I’ll be reading you regularly – damn I didn’t need another site to follow! Good luck with the sales.

Ladybird World Mother said...

Agree totally with MOB. Love your artwork. Am in awe of people like you!
So agree with how distracting blogging can be... the journeys I sometimes go on... through blogs and into more and more. Fun though. Now have to stop as Must Iron.
Bor - ing!

Cosmic Crafts said...

Thank you both very much.