Saturday 6 June 2009

Great Time

Well the last couple of days I've had a great time. Last night we went down to Holyhead Breakwater Park, with my daughter and friends Coral, Will and Mandy. Will, I have to admit had drank quite a few cans of beer on their way to us. When he's had a few beers Will developes what can only be called a motormouth lol, he just doesn't stop talking for even a minute. He was so funny, and with my sarky sense of humour I managed to throw a couple of one liners at him, which he took in good part. The reason for going up to the Breakwater Park was to have somewhere to spin fire poi, and there was the perfect place, for my daughter and Coral. We were there till 11pm and then my daughter and I left to come home, leaving the rest to spend the night in the van.

The next day was a day of different workshops and stalls to launch the opening of Ysgol Llanfawr Outdoor Classroom, where the kids are taught how to grow organic vegetables etc. There was two particular workshops I was interested in, one was making benches and the other was spoon carving. The bench making was run by a great guy called Azz who had brought with him a hand made slave horse which grips the wood so you can carve things such as the bench legs etc. Azz was a fasinating guy who up until recently had been living in 3 interconnected yurts, but recently decided to build himself a straw bale house, as this was as cheap as replacing the canvases on his yurts !! He invited me up to see his straw bale house sometime when we are close by, something I'll look forward to. I also made some new friends, which I hope to met up with again in the future.


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: