Tuesday 3 February 2009

You have to laugh ......

As I was going up in the mountains to take some photographs of the snow yesterday, I decided to get out the brand new jogging bottoms and a pair of 3/4 length leggings I'd bought in anticipation for my trip to Scotland on Weds. How funny was that !!! The jogging bottoms although they fit in the length, which is unusual as I need 36" inside leg the actual legs themselves could do a clown proud they're so baggy. So undeterred I thought I'd wear the leggings instead..... more laughter the 3/4 length of these only came to my knees and look like slightly, over long shorts lol. That will teach me to buy on the internet !!

Going back to my trip to Scotland tomorrow, I am now becoming a little concerned that I might have problems getting there. I'm travelling from Anglesey to Manchester Airport by road and then flying to Inverness. If today weather is correct I'll be able to get to Manchester ok, but it's whether Inverness airport will be open. It all seems a little ironic that I was going to Scotland to met up with my friends Andy and Mel, and was hoping to get some photo's of snow on the mountains while I was there, and yet as I type there's more snow here, than there lol.So I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that everything goes to plan.

My trip into the Snowdonia mountains yesterday was great. A gemerous sprinkling of snow transforms them and much to my delight there were some gorgeous icicles. My daughter Jenny bravely managed to overcome soggy banks and jumped over a little stream just to get me some photo's of some particularly pretty icicles. We also found a little track that led along the other side of the river I took photo's of on Saturday. Snow laden tree's overhung the little track, so when we emerged at the other end onto the main road, it felt like we were coming out in the light.

It's looking doubtful that I'll have time to continue the tagging today that was sent to me by Dave at http://woodwosecarving.blogspot.com as I am well behind getting myself packed and ready to go to Scotland tomorrow. But maybe if I'm organised for once in my life I might have time to squeeze it in tonight. Even if I haven't got time Dave's blog is well worth having a look at, his carvings are brilliant.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: