Friday 13 February 2009

Daft Hermits and Scotland

I've just come back from spending a week in the Highlands with Andy and Mel from the http://theblackbuscompany.blogspot.com/ They sometimes call themselves the Daft Hermits, well let me tell you, there's nothing daft about these two !!!

Although I intend to write some posts of my time there, describing what I saw and the places we visited, I wanted to use this post to say a big thank you to them both for inviting me to share their home with them. By the end of the week, there was no doubt in my mind I had met two of the most genuine, honest, warm and friendly people I've ever known. Even when things went wrong Andy managed to turn them into part of an adventure, and his dry sense of humour cracked me up morning, noon and night. I bonded with Mel really well, this is one very special lady who I know will always be there for me, and I'll always be there for her too.

I found this little quote which seems to sum up exactly how I feel about these two lovely people.

Friends are relatives you make for yourself. ~Eustache Deschamps

1 comment:

the dafthermits (Mel n andy and wee clan) said...

wow Jane we are both having a wee weep it was so good to meet you at last and we look forward to seeing you again (miss my morning coffee)
andy & mel xx