Thursday 19 February 2009

Adventures in the Highlands Part 5

As I was on my last full day at the Highlands, it was time to get my case repacked. The week has flown by, it only seems like a few days ago since I arrived !!

A quick trip in Beauly for Andy to get more fuel, followed by a trip to Muir of Ord for a look round the local charity shop for me and Mel. I was quite looking forward to see what the Highland charity shop had to offer, but I was very dissapointed I have to say. The prices were well over the top, even worse than in some of our local ones here in Anglesey. Who in their right mind would pay £5.99 for a secondhand hardback book..not me that's for sure, but Mel was pleased with the oddments of wool she picked up, so it was worth the trip.

The rest of the day was spent scribbling down some of the highlights of my trip, ready to put on my blog. I spent some time thinking back over the little things that had happened that made my trip so enjoyable and sometimes so funny too, namely Mel in bed adamantly denying that she had any sweets despite the fact that Andy and I could clearly hear rustling of sweetie bags, another time when Mel woke up in the middle of the night demanding Andy got her a flake and when there wasn't one to be had, she insisted on being passed the tub of hot chocolate so she could satify her craving for chocolate and even funnier that in the morning she had no memory of it lol. The temperatures dropping to -13 overnight and the water containers all having ice in them, the next night it was even colder and the jug orange squash froze up completely too !! Constantly having to keep my feet out of the way of Dylan so he couldn't lick them to death, and watching both dogs insisting on sharing the settee with Andy and Mel despite there not being enough room lol.

So in my last but one post about my trip to the Highlands I've included some photo's of Mel and Andys bus, to give you a little taster of this couples fantastic way of life. Happy memories .....


Dylan and Custard insisting there was enough room for them too, on the settee.

Photobucket

Mel crafting by candlelight as she often did when the generator wasn't on.

Photobucket

Custard posing for the camera which he and Dylan loved to do.

Photobucket

Mel attempting to thread seed beads by candlelight, not an easy task let me tell you !!

Photobucket

Mel in the kitchen knocking up one of her lovely dinners. Also a shot of the raging inferno of a log burner, right next to my bed on the left lol.

Photobucket

Andy patiently waiting for his early morning coffee in bed lol. A treat I was happy to supply while I was there.

Photobucket

Andy surfing the net, after a hard day cutting up wood and trying to find the fault in the wiring on the horsebox.

Photobucket

No comments: