Monday 29 December 2008

Another early morning

Yet another early morning for me, I was awake at 4am arhhhhh. It seems to be my destiny in life to be wide awake when everyone else is fast asleep.... oh well.

As expected we went off out yesterday, we decided to go to a place called the Jinny Ring Craft Centre. We eventually found it after going up and down the same road a few times lol.The craft side of the centre was dissapointing as most of the little workshops there were shut, but luckily there were a couple of ponds there with some ducks for us feed, which everyone enjoyed no matter what their age lol. Then it was off for a tour round the local countryside which was pleasant and then we called in at a park to run off some of my youngest granddaughters energy on the way home. By this time it was getting late and it was freezing !! But we persevered and went to the kiddies playground, what a revelation that was, so many weird looking things for kids to play on these days, the only thing that I recognised was a swing lol. One plaything was a pole with a stand at the bottom which spun round. I got a very interesting effect taking a photo of Jenny on that.

Today it's off to my sons warehouse in Birmingham where he sells 1/2 price Argos stuff, so I shall be having a good old mooch round there as always. I'll also be able to catch up with two of my sons there hopefully. The plan is to go and visit some friends afterwards for some fire spinning, but I'm not sure if that will happen as Jennys not feeling too well at the moment, but we'll see.

Dissapointingly it hasn't been cold enough for frost while we've been here. I was going to have a play with my daughters digital slr camera while I was here with some super macro shots of frosty plants.

A very typical family photo feeding the ducks lol.

Photobucket

A not so typical photo of feeding the ducks lol.

Photobucket

This was my favourite photo of the day, Jenny spinning on a new fangled toy in the playground.

Photobucket

1 comment:

the dafthermits (Mel n andy and wee clan) said...

sounds like a great day


well frooooooosty here Jane

had to prize the cat of the tree

andy x mel x

ps hope Jenny feels better soon