Wednesday 6 January 2010

Snow at last

Snow at last hit most of Anglesey, including our little village that seemed to keep just missing it, up till now. I know it's caused a lot of disruption in most of the UK, and a lot of people must be cursing the white stuff, but I love to see places transformed into a winter wonderland.

Other countries must laugh at us though, as the whole country seems to grind to halt because of it. On the news already this morning, there's been nothing but warnings about closed roads, airports, no trains etc etc. This bad weather has been on the cards for quite a while now, so why is this country so unprepared ?

The snow certainly didn't stop us from taking our dog out for his daily run though. We'd been told by his previous owners that he doesn't like snow, but he seems to love it when we take him out. I did notice last night, he was a walking a bit stiffly though, so I'll give him some of his painkillers for arthritus today I think. He forgets he's rather an elderly dog at times, and behaves more like a playful puppy, than the 14/15 yr old OAP he is lol. We couldn't resist taking loads of photo's of course, of this magical snowy weather and I'll put 3 on here but save the best for my new photo blog, and I'll put some more photo's on there later on today. So if you fancy a wander over there just click on the link above this post.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: