Monday 31 October 2011

Birthday fun and busy days

A couple of weekends ago was my birthday, Jim came down from Lancashire and family and friends came up from the Midlands for 4 days. On my actual birthday we went up into the mountains and I actually managed to get to the bottom of a waterfall I've wanted to get close to ever since I moved to Wales almost 10 yrs ago. We started off on the Saturday night by all drinking rather a lot, and singing our heads off. We had a brilliant time, and the party went on till the early hours of Sunday morning. Martin had brought his laptop and a set of good speakers so I think I can safely say we made quite a lot of noise. It wasn't until the next morning, that I realised my elderly neighbour hadn't gone away to South Wales as we thought ....ooooops. The next day we went off go carting, the following day was another day at different go carting track followed by some fishing.I had the biggest catch of the day .... a supermarket wire basket, I was gutted I thought I'd caught a big fish !!! Jims met all but one of my kids now, and he's still with me, so they couldn't have scared him too much lol.

On the Tuesday every set off home, including Jim. However it was only going to be a short time apart for Jim and I, as I was travelling up to Lancaster again. This time I wanted to take my mobility scooter and also some of my glass, my art stuff and a load of other bits and bobs. So we decided the easiest way to do this was to hire van, which Jim's daughter Rachel kindly offered to drive for us. All went very smoothly and we made the trip in good time. The only hiccup was when Jim tried to install a wireless card in my pc, it just didn't want to have it, after a couple of hours, he finally got it to recognise his pc and all was well again.

Now I've got my scooter here, this means Jim and I can go out exploring, Lancaster being a city caters for scooters much better. So I got the chance to see the weir on the River Lune which is 2 mins away from Jim's house. What a beautiful spot, the amount of bird life was amazing, we also went into the city centre, and even though I normally don't like shopping, I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Today we went for a wander along the canal which is about 10 mins from Jim's house, yet again I really enjoyed myself, it's been years since I've been able to do this. The photo's this time are a mixture of my birthday, family and some of the things I've seen since I've been at Jim's.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: