Tuesday 15 November 2011

Fireworks, Hest Bank and Morecambe.

What a fantastic and busy time I've been having lately. Since arriving in Lancaster, I seem to be out and about more than I have for years, and I love it !! After spending the last few years dependant on family and friends as the only way of me getting out and about, this new sense of freedom I've got here, is brilliant. Trips into town are a regular occurrence, and Jim and I often go off on longer adventures as far a field as the batteries, on my scooter will let us.

Since I last wrote on my blog, we went to a firework display, went for a trundle along the canal to a place called Hest Bank which was beautiful, it was so good to see and smell the sea again, and as the weather was so nice we took a picnic with us. Then on Sunday as the weather was still nice, we decided to go to Morecambe. The ride there was really enjoyable along the cycle path, which is perfect for mobility scooters, we got to Morecambe in good time and only used up a tiny bit of battery power too.

We went for a wander around the indoor and outdoor market before we headed for the promenade. Then all of a sudden the battery lights started going down very alarmingly. Within 15 minutes I was left with only one bar left on the battery, which is the very lowest amount of power left. Of course I immediately started panicking, wondering how the hell we were going to get the 3 miles home. Jim checked all the battery connections to make sure nothing had come adrift or loose, but nothing was wrong. So we set off for home, with Jim insisting I wasn't to worry it was all part of the adventure ..... I didn't share his optimism though I'm afraid. We got a mile further on, and my one battery light started flashing, this means the battery is about to conk out. As you can imagine knowing that we had a further two miles to get home, I was pretty stressed out by this point. In his usual calm fashion Jim said don't worry, he'd get his daughter to come and pick me up and he'd bring his bike and the scooter the remaining way on his own !! I couldn't imagine how the heck he was going to manage that as my scooter isn't exactly the lightest of ones, even without me on it lol. But manage it he did, and got home about 3/4hrs after me.... and was greeted by a huge sigh of relief from me too !!!

Lots of photo's to share with you this time, some firework ones which I'm rather proud of, a couple of Faith, one of Jims grandkids that we looked after for the day as she had chicken pox and couldn't go to school. One of Hest Bank with the salt marsh at the forefront of the photo and lastly one of me on the jetty at Morecambe.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: