Tuesday 25 May 2010

Sunshine stops play

The amazing weather we've been having has definitely been affecting my online ramblings. Once the sun comes out I can't bear to be inside, so many hours have been spent in my garden reading, relaxing or down by the beach taking the dog for a walk, and enjoying the sea breezes. I hope we're in for a good summer this year, there's been so many let downs over the last few years.

I've been making slow progress on the mosaic for by my front door, as I've only been doing it early in the morning and late at nite, when it's been cooler. I'm quite pleased with it so far ....did I really say that lol !! But the weathers due to cool down a bit this week, so maybe I'll get a bit more done to it this coming week.

When I got back from my oldest daughters this time, I was feeling a bit odd. My heart seemed to be pounding much more than it usually does. I put up with it for a few days waiting for it to disappear but it didn't, so I thought it'd probably be a good idea to get down the docs asap, although I did feel a bit of a fraud as i wasn't actually in any pain, it was more of a feeling inside me. After taking my blood pressure 3 times (which was way too high), he listened to my heart and pronounced that my heart was beating more times than it should be. So now I've got to have a barrage of blood tests, and ecg, a chest x ray and also have my asthma checked out. I find this kind of thing very daunting as I hate doctors and hospitals even more, but I suppose it has to be done. So time will tell whats going on, the doc was 90% sure his diagnosis was accurate and this kind of thing is usually caused by one of three things, caffeine (I only drink decaf tea)alcohol (I don't drink) or stress ...well I guess its stress then lol. But the doc assured me I wasn't going to pop my clogs, so I was pleased about that, I've still got plenty of things I'd like to do with my life yet !!!

No comments: