Wednesday 16 December 2009

What an amazing surprise

Last Wednesday saw us driving off down to the Midlands, to met up with some of our family for a pre Xmas meal. When most of us met up our friend Mandys house before our meal, my son Ben presented me with a rather large present in the shape of a teapot for Xmas. Imagine my surprise when I peeled off layer after layer of packing on this odd shaped present, to find my dream camera !!! For years I've wanted a DSLR camera, but knew that I'd never be able to afford one. I was so overwhelmed I just burst into tears. Never in my wildest dreams, did I ever think I'd be lucky enough to own a camera like this. The surprises still hadn't finished, when we got back to my oldest daughters house, we exchanged presents and I found my daughter Jenny had bought me a telephoto lens for the camera, my oldest daughter Emma and her husband had got me a large sized memory card, and my two grand daughters Raggz and Lacey gave me some macro lens. How lucky am I ...everything I could possibily wish for all in one day !!! Thank you all soooooooooo much.

When we arrived back home, I turned my pc on looking forward to reading up on how to use this amazing camera, when after half an hour the internet went down !! How was that for bad timing lol, I rang up the technical support line in the morning when it still wasn't back on, only to be told there was a fault and it would be repaired in 24hrs. That time came and went and we still weren't reconnected, so I rang again and was told exactly the same flipping thing .....grrrrrr. Then on Monday nite my youngest son and his girlfriend came to visit, and after a while my son asked me if I wanted him to have a look, I said yes .... of course. Amazingly he managed to reconnect us, I'm still not sure how he did it, but he has and we're back !!!!

I'm going to set up a new blog very soon, which I'm going to put the best of my photo's on, as this blog will get swamped with mine and my daughters attempts at photography lol. This will also allow this blog to concentrate more on my arty crafty stuff. Below is a couple of mirrors that I made for Xmas presents this year, this is a new style for me and also a picture of one of Raggz one of my lovely grandkids, that I took with my new camera !!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lucky You! I'm expecting some lovely photo's! lol!
Hice mirrors!

Vicky x