Sunday 9 December 2012

Getting bored already !!

Well it's only been 4 days since I said I was going to pack away all my messy crafty stuff, and I'm bored already lol !! I'm just no good at sitting around either surfing the net, reading books or doing housework. I need to occupy my mind doing some arty or crafty, I guess that makes me a craftoholic, well there's worse things to be addicted to I guess :-)

It hasn't helped that we went to the post office to pick up the parcel of china paints that I mentioned in my last post. They are sitting there calling to me on my little pc table. Who can resist those beautiful bejewelled colours ...not me by the looks of it lol. I shall have a go at decorating my herb and spices pots for myself first, just to get my hand back in again. China and glass paints have, for want of a better word a gloopey consistency, so you can't just use them like normal paints, they tend to streak very easily. Also you have to be extremely lucky to do more than one coat of them, as one layer tends to pulls off the layer below. So they aren't exactly the easiest of paints to work with, but I'm sure I'll get better the more I practice.

I'll share with you the mistakes as well as the successes of course. But for the time being, I'm off to put away some of the other boxes of crafty stuff so I needn't feel guilty about the china paints lol. These paints by the way can be fired in a normal oven, which then makes any designs fix fast and they even stand up to being put through the dishwasher. There are glass and china paints that you can just paint on and leave, but they tend to peel off if they're washed, which seems a bit pointless to me.

Anyway that's it for today.

No comments: