Monday 24 August 2009

I'm back !!!

I'm back ...has anyone missed me lol. The last few weeks have been busy busy busy with one thing and another. As soon as the guitar was finished I started on a brand new project, which is coming along very nicely.

Then it was off to my oldest daughters for a few days, before all the family travelled down to Falmouth for my son Dans wedding, and a very posh one it was too. Although I have to say the hotel it was held at could have been a bit better organised. It was so hot there and someone had to ask for the air conditioning to be turned on, and even then one of the wedding cakes a beautiful white chocolate affair, melted at the back in the heat !! The food for wedding meal could have been better too, the starter I had was goats cheese on red onion relish was delicious but the bread it was served on was so hard I couldn't get a knife through it. The main meal was a medley of mediterranean vegetables in filo pastry, the pastry was so hard I couldn't cut that either !! The sweet was luckily ice cream and they couldn't mess that up. Despite this we had a good time and it was great that 7 out of my 8 kids were all together for the first time in years.

After the wedding it was back to my daughters house in Bromsgrove to wait to met up with the son who was missing from the wedding.While we were there I got an email off the housing officer here in Anglesey to say that they'd got a bungalow for us at long last !!! Was I happy about that, I spent the rest of the time at my daughters in a happy bubble of excitement. When we got back home my daughter and I couldn't resist going to have a peep through the windows of our new home. I was very pleased it had bigger rooms than I'd hoped for and small gardens back and front. So that's it ...our time in this temporary accommodation is at last coming to an end, and we'll have a secure home of our own. We're both over the moon.

No comments: