Saturday 7 May 2011

Amazing surprise and busy times

I had an amazing surprise last Friday, I heard a noise in my hallway I went to investigate and it was my son Ben and his mate Martin come to visit from Birmingham. After some lunch...made by Ben, and a quick catch up, my son got me to go out to their van with him. I was gobsmacked, sitting in there was a mobility scooter !! For the last 18 months my mobility has got so bad I can't even walk 25 yards without being in unbearable pain, which has meant I've been housebound apart from on my daughters days off work. I've always been a pretty independent person, so losing this over the last 18 months has been a hard thing to come to terms with. But now, thanks to my son I can get to the shops in the village on my own, such a little thing for most people, but such a huge thing for me it's hard to convey in words what a difference it'll make to my life. So a huge thank you to my son Ben.

Also a big thank you to Martin, who while he was here got high jacked into doing a few jobs around the house that me and my daughter couldn't do. He also made me a lead that will reach the scooter from my outhouse to recharge it, without having the hassle of using extension leads etc. Mart is a very methodical person and I got quite a lot of pleasure watching him do these jobs, and also picked up a couple of tips that will stay with me for a long time.

On Sunday there was an added treat ...a trip to the car boot !! I so enjoyed it, it's a year since I last went there and even then I couldn't enjoy it because the pain was too much for me. But this time I went up and down the rows of booters like a thing possessed lol. Sadly there wasn't as many booters as I would have liked, due mainly I think to the freezing cold wind that was whipping across the field. But I still got a few bargains so I was a very happy bunny.

Sunday was my sons last day and as a final treat we got taken out for dinner to the Breeze Hill Hotel in Benllech. If you're ever visiting Anglesey be sure to go for a meal here, their food is amazing, and very reasonably priced too.

I've been asked to make some mosaics for a shop on the island, so I've been busy doing that lately. I also thought that for a change I would turn my hand to making some bracelets. These will be made completely from recycled materials, I've made 3 so far and they just need some tweaking to get them how I want. I'll share all these things with you as soon as they're finished of course, but in the meantime a couple of photo's we took of my daughter using a laser light that Mart brought down for her, we were really pleased with the results and thought the 2nd photo would make a brilliant album cover for a band. Also I've included a pic of my lovely new great grandson Tyler, with his daddy my oldest grandson Martin. On my pc I can see white bands on the bottom of the two first photo's, so apologies if anyone else can see them too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: